Full-Time Entry & Pre‑Certified Firefighters
- Pre-Certified Starting Salary $57,187
- Intermediate Incentive $4,000 (after being cleared to practice by DEPT OMD)
- Paramedic Incentive $7,000 (after being cleared to practice by DEPT OMD)
- Fire Recruit Salary $52,612 (after the required certifications are received, the salary increased to $57,187)
- Applicant must possess Virginia Department of Fire Programs FFI, FFII & Hazardous Materials Operations certifications or be eligible for Virginia Reciprocity
- Applicant must possess a current National Registry or Virginia Office of EMS Emergency Medical Technician Certification or be eligible for Virginia Reciprocity
No Current Job Openings
Please Try Back Later
The Application Process:
Application Package Review
During this step, the application package is reviewed for assurance of an applicant completing the application package in its entirety and meeting the position’s minimum requirements.
Physical Agility Practice Tests (Optional)
During this step, the applicants will have an opportunity to practice the physical agility test. This process is open to anyone interested and is not required.
Computer-Based/Written Firefighter Assessment
During this step, the applicant must pass a computer-based or written firefighter assessment. The firefighter assessment will assess an applicant’s ability to process information and think critically.
Physical Agility Testing
During this step, applicants are scheduled for completion of the department’s physical agility test. This test evaluates the applicant’s abilities to physically perform functions commonly required of a firefighter when performing operational firefighting and rescue duties. Please see the video below which outlines this test.
During this step, candidates will complete a panel interview.
Background & Medical Checks
During this step, the candidates will complete background investigations, physicals, and drug screen testing.